Sherra’s ability to achieve the most desirable outcome for her clients and her enthusiasm for the practice of law have made her a successful litigator. She represents her clients from the inception of litigation through its resolution and has successfully obtained dozens of defense verdicts at trial. Sherra is board certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Sherra is also a mediator with a growing alternative dispute resolution practice.
Prior to founding Gilbert Law Firm, LLP, Sherra worked as an in-house trial attorney for a major insurance company. Sherra has extensive experience in insurance defense litigation including the handling of automobile negligence, premises liability, property damage, uninsured/underinsured motorist, and general negligence cases. Sherra is licensed in Texas and admitted to practice in all state courts, as well as in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
In addition to her significant trial and courtroom experience, Sherra has successfully resolved hundreds of lawsuits through informal settlement negotiations and mediations. Sherra received her certification as a mediator through the Harris County Dispute Resolution Center. Her mediation practice focuses on navigating civil disputes by applying her experience as a litigator to the dispute resolution process.
- Successfully first-chaired 40+ jury trials resulting in favorable defense verdicts.
- Handled over 800+ civil cases in the areas of personal injury defense, insurance defense, and general civil litigation.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment or dismissal on the merits in numerous cases.
Associations and Memberships
· Houston Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Houston Association of Women Attorneys
· Harris County Dispute Resolution Center, Mediator
· Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
· Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists
· Thurgood Marshall School of Law (J.D.)
o CALI Award, Highest Grade in Legal Writing and Research
· University of Texas (B.S.)
· Mediation Certification: Harris County Dispute Resolution Center
· Houston Bar Association President’s Award Recipient for 2016-2017
· Texas Bar Foundation Fellows Inductee 2018
· Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
· State Bar of Texas
· United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Presentations and Webinars
· “Wow! There’s an App for that? Cutting Edge Technology for the Courtroom,” presented at the 2019 ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section Conference