Philip Berkowitz, a shareholder with Littler Mendelson P.C., is the US Co-Chair of the firm’s international Practice Group. He advises multinational and domestic companies in a wide range of industries on employment-related matters. He has significant experience advising multinational companies regarding U.S. and overseas employment and executive compensation practices.
Mr. Berkowitz also represents employers in individual and class action lawsuits and arbitrations, and he appears in U.S. federal and state courts and before administrative agencies and international arbitration tribunals.
Mr. Berkowitz also handles all regulatory facets of employment law, including:
- Compliance with equal employment and other statutes governing the workplace
- Executive compensation
- Employment agreements
- Restrictive covenants
- Trade secrets
- Non-compete agreements
His diverse selection of clients includes companies in financial services, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals and chemicals, publishing, and fundraising.
- Vice-chair, Employment Law Committee, International Law Section - American Bar Association
- Officer, Discrimination Law Committee - International Bar Association
- Former chair, International Law Practice Section - New York State Bar Association
- Founding chair, International Employment Law Committee - New York State Bar Association
- Member, Japan Society Corporate Advisory Council
- Member, Counsels' Council, Pro Bono Legal Advisory Committee - Lincoln Center
- Named, America's Leading Lawyers for Business - Chambers USA
- Named, Best Lawyers in America
- Listed, Who's Who of Management Labour and Employment Lawyers - Who's Who Legal
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College,1978
- Cornell Law School, 1977-1978
- B.A., State University of New York at New Paltz, 1975